Monday, April 9, 2012

Experimenting With Chalk

Hello!
Hope you all had a wonderful day.

We have more SNOW!  The weather decided to hand us a snowstorm on Easter Sunday!  
FYI:  Wearing heels in the snow is not a cool thing.  I was slipping and sliding everywhere!  
Thank goodness today it's already melting!

Hope everyone had great Easter.  
We had a quiet day at our house.  Our son is in Germany and our daughter is in Hawaii.  Still getting used to "empty nest syndrome."

Here's my layout for today.


I really wanted to add "something" to the yellow space and found my stencils!  Below is a close up.  
Finally settling on the design I wanted to use, I began chalking.  This was fun!  The hardest was trying to keep the stencil from moving.  I could've taped it down, but that would've been too easy!  :)


Love this flower!  Had some ribbon hanging around that wasn't being used, to I got out my needle and thread and gathered it along one edge, sewed it together along the ends and Voila! 
The center of the flower was pink, which didn't match anything on my layout, so I covered it with a button, then added an adhesive pearl to cover the holes in the button.
Supplies used:
Paper:  DCWV, White cardstock:  ColorBok
Ribbon flower, Purple ribbon, Button, Adhesive Pearl, Chalk, Stencil, 
Watercolor Pencil, Sanding block, Sizzix leaf die cut

Thanks for looking!
Polly  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment