The weekend is just around the corner. Yay!
Do you have any special plans or things you need to do this weekend?
Are you setting some time aside for crafting?
I'm a member of Colorful Creations http://colorfulcreations.ning.com/. They have
lots of fun challenges, so click on their link above and check it out!
The challenge I entered was the "See through challenge" (clearaug) and the deadline is
August 31, 2012. All I had to do was create a layout using something transparent,
such as transparency or vellum.
Here is the sketch I chose by Brenshevia at Colorful Creations. Here's the direct link to her sketch: http://colorfulcreations.ning.com/forum/topics/national-scrapbooking-day
She has the most wonderful collection of sketches!
And here's my take on her sketch. I rotated the sketch counter-clockwise.
Our funniest animals ever! Andrew opened a present and placed the empty bag in the middle
of the floor and Tom and Zoe just sat there looking inside it. It was truly the funniest
thing! So, I came up with this journaling of what I interpreted while they were
just sitting there:
Tom: “Should I go inside?”
Zoe: “Will you fit?”
Tom: “I don’t know, but it sure looks inviting.”
Zoe: “Just give it a try... go on.”
Tom: “No, I’ll just sit here with you and we can keep looking inside.”
Vellum (unknown brand)
Transparency: Paper Pizzazz
Computer Font: Ammys Handwriting
Title Font: Cricut Stamped
Glue Dots Vellum Adhesive
The flower colors were chosen from the photo, trying to incorporate all the
colors shown. Thought it would add a bit of color to all the neutral colors I used.
I layered several different colors and used a gem brad to attach them. I used
some leaves from my stash and placed them under the flowers.
The edges of the tan strip of cardstock and the circle were sanded.
The vellum was attached by vellum adhesive.
This photo shows the transparency I used, which was placed on top of vellum for added
interest. I had this transparency for years (I won't say how many) and never found
a use for it. So I was happy to participate in this challenge to finally use up
some misc. products in my stash.
A close up of my title and font used with my Cricut.
The ribbon was added to "spruce up" my layout a bit. :)
Here's another view of my flowers and you can also see the sanding
I did along the edges of the tan paper.
Thanks for looking!
Have a wonderful day!