Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Welcoming the Rain... Sort of

Hi there,
We finally got some much needed rain and it was nice to see my garden
come "back to life!"  
Rainy weather, for me, also means crafting!  :)

Soul Scrappers http://soul-scrappers.ning.com/  is having a Quest 13 Vintage Challenge (SSQ13). 
The deadline is August 31st.
The same vintage items were mailed to every participant.  It took nearly three weeks for me to receive my goodies and I was so excited to have a little time to spare to work on my layout.  I knew exactly which photo I was going to use and couldn't wait to get started!

Challenge requirements:  
1.  To use all of the items mailed to us, or as much as you possibly can.  
2.  Background cardstock or patterned paper is allowed.
3.  Letters can be added for the title.
4.  You can use a pen for journaling.
5.  The photo much be black and white and over 40 years old.
6.  The layout MUST be vintage style.

The sketch I chose is from Splitcoast Stampers (SBSC227) http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/.

And here's my vintage layout.

This is a photo of "daddy" as a baby.  Nothing was written on the back (like everyone used
to do) so I have no idea which year or how old he was.
I love this photo!  He looks like such a happy little cheeky baby!

I even managed to use ALL of the vintage items sent to me!  I was pretty happy to
have worked in all of the items onto my layout.
It was certainly a challenge.  Once I received the supplies, I simply didn't even know
where to begin!  I don't work with vintage, so I knew it would be a bit hard.  
Having the photo right there, while the sketch was chosen certainly made it easier.

Supplies used:
Paper: DCWV
Vintage Embellies: Mailed to each participant (I used them ALL)
Font: Cricut Stamped
Ink: A la mode Brown
Sanding Block

The sketch called for this strip along the left edge and was so excited to utilize
more of the vintage supplies.  The edges of each piece was inked.  Since I didn't really care
to have both of the "admit one" tickets, I left a portion showing and just the tip of the other
ticket above the photo.  I crumpled many of the pieces.  I snipped a piece of the ric rac, shredding
the edges slightly before adhering the button on top of it.

Two photos of my cluster.  The edges of everything were inked.  The flower is a layered
combination of supplies, including the milk ticket and button.  For the circle piece of paper under the
button, I scrunched up the paper before attaching the button.  The tiny strips under the flower are the
strips that were cut off the cardstock I needed for another portion of the layout, which I 
just folded in half and placed underneath.  I didn't like one piece of flowered paper, so 
I rolled it up and tied it with the string.

Have a wonderful day!
Libby  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment