Monday, August 27, 2012

Let's Scrap Sketch Challenge

Hello,
This is a late post, mostly because I was working on several layouts and managed to
get two of the challenge layouts done!  Yay!

Let's Scrap http://letsscrap.ning.com/ is having a sketch challenge (8-22-12) and
the deadline is August 28, 2012.  Below is their sketch:



And here's my take on the sketch.  I tweaked a few things.  Instead of adding
journaling on the lower right, I added several snowflakes and rather than add the title
in the center block, I placed my journaling block.

Boy Scouts Winterama held annually.

Supplies used:
Paper: DCWV
Stampin' Up! Border Punch
Fiskars Border Punch
Mesh Ribbon
Sanding Block
Icicles Stickers: Mrs. Grossman's
Sharpie Marker (for journaling and sub-title)
EK Success Label Punch
Metal Snowflakes
String
Plastic Letter Tiles
Clear Plastic Snowflakes
Diamond Stickles


Left side of my layout.

This photo shows the different border punches used and the mesh ribbon.  The yellow strip of
paper was crumpled and sanded.

A better look.

Here's the clear plastic snowflakes which I covered with Stickles and they
look so much better!

My sub-title, which is on two punched labels with my handwriting.
Also my title page using tiles and my journaling block.

 My journaling block.

After punching the labels the edges were sanded, metal snowflakes were added
and I finished the sub-title by adding "Boy Scouts" in my handwriting.

Trying to get a better view of my tiles.  I simply hot glued the tiles
onto the string and strung them across my layout.

Right side of my layout.

More snowflakes.  I believe these were strung on string when I purchased them
and cut them all apart in hopes of using them "someday!"  The Stickles also covered
up the string which ran through the middle of each snowflake.

These icicles are the cutest!  They wouldn't stick very well on the raised, embossed
paper so I glued them in place.  I think this adds so much to the layout!

The tiles were yet another item in my stash.  Amazing what I discover when I dig
through what I've had for years!  They're suddenly all NEW items again!  :)

Have a wonderful day!
Libby  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment