Sunday, August 26, 2012

I Finally Made a CARD!

Hi there,

It sure is a hot one in our area today!  Too hot to even be outside.  I tried, but it was just
too warm!  And besides, I needed to "catch up" on my challenges!  :)

I made a CARD!  It's been so long since I made a card.  It took me awhile to 
get the idea gathered in my head.  I had to think "smaller" because I am so used
to making scrapbook layouts!

Soul Scrappers http://soul-scrappers.ning.com/ was having a card "cluster" challenge
in which I submitted a similar card, but not this one.
I decided to be brave and make another one, shown below!

The sketch I chose for my card is from 
Splitcoast Stampers (SC111) http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/

And here is what I created:
I cut two pieces out of the paper doily and placed them on each end of the card.
Under the flower is a cluster of netting, a feather, string pearls and a circle clip.  The flower was
traced from a die cut I had and crumpled with the edges inked.  On top of the flower is a
flower gem with a ribbon finishing off my card. 
The sentiment was inked onto twill ribbon and the slanted edge was shredded
with my finger. 

Supplies used:
Paper: DCWV, White Cardstock
Netting
Paper Lace Doily
Sentiment: Paper Company Clear Stamps
Ink: ColorBox Blue Lagoon
Paper Flower: Traced from die cut and hand cut
Blue Flower Gem
Ribbon
Silver Circle Clip
Twill Ribbon
Feather
String Pearls


Here are a few photos from different angles, getting a closer look at the cluster 
on my card.




Have a wonderful day!
Libby  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment