Thursday, August 23, 2012

You Gotta Check Out These Cool Photos!

Good mid-morning to ya!

Our addition is coming along really well.  So excited, especially now that we see progress!  
The cement will be poured today.... Yay!!  :)

It's so nice to see progress!  There will no longer be a "wind tunnel" between our house and the garage.
The wind whipping through this area was quite harsh, especially on a cold winter's day or a rainy day... basically every day it was wild weather walking through here. 

 
Thought I'd add a few photos of our grandson, the "wheelie-boy!"  
I thought he would be tired after soccer practice.  Not long after arriving, he was digging
out Andrew's bike and doing one wheelie after another.



Check out the concentration on this boy's face! 
He wanted me to take pictures, but then told me, "I have to concentrate."
I told him, "You concentrate and I'll take the pictures."    :)   



And I just HAD to add a few photos of the Veteran's Dedication that was held 
recently in our area.
We had eight boys from our Boy Scout Troop marching in the Parade and attending the
Veteran's Dedication that was held after the Parade.

My hubby at the Veteran's Dedication. 


These are sharp-looking dudes (and one lady) who hold re-enactments each year,
and today they were participating in the Veteran's Dedication.

Hope you enjoyed the photos!  :)

Now lets mosey on to my post for today.

Let's Scrap has a "Book About Me" Challenge.  I thought it was time to
scrap about myself and put these layouts in a special album.

This is my first layout for this Challenge #12, entitled "Siblings."  Hopefully there will
be many more about me pages to add to my album.

The sketch I used is from Let's Scrap (12-9-09) http://letsscrap.ning.com/
I only used the left side of the sketch.

12-9-09


And here's my layout.

Love this photo of my sister and I, laughing (as usual) and eating Brushetta.  
Oh my word, that stuff is SO GOOD!  My sis makes it and I always tell her
she NEVER makes enough!
This photo was taken during our two-week visit a few years ago.

Supplies used:
Paper: DCWV
Wire Ribbon
Ribbons
Gold wire (I removed from the ribbon)
Font: Cricut Stamped
Cricut
Flower
Rosette: Hand Made
Envelope: Hot Off the Press Mini File Folder
Sharpie Marker (for journaling)
Ink: A la mode Pink
Button
Circle Punch


Here's a close up of the wire ribbon, which no longer has wire on it.  I cut off the
wire from each side of the ribbon, then used that wire to gather the ribbon in
various spots.   


This is a better view of how the ribbon looked once gathered.


I added this envelope with the journaling tucked inside.  I love this gold and
pearl button! 


A better view of the wire that I cut off of the ribbon. 


And another use of the ribbon.  Once the wire was cut off, I ran my fingernail along
the edges to "rough" them up a bit. 


 Here's a great photo of the flower.  I started off using a random yellow flower then added 
the flower I made.  For this flower, I kept the wire along one side and cut off the outer
wire.  I just "gathered" the wired part towards the center while manipulating the
it to get it just right.  I didn't like how the center looked, so I looped the wire I cut off
and bunched it together, poking the ends through the center and adhering it while keeping the loops
raised above and creating some dimension to the flower.  I really love how this turned out.
So fun and easy!


While the envelope already had a notch in it, my strip of journaling did not, so I
used my circle punch and made a notch.  I also inked the envelope edges.


I tri-folded the paper for my journaling.  The edges were also inked.  


Another view of the ribbons and gold wire along the bottom portion of my layout.

Have a wonderful day!
Libby  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment