Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Sketch Challenge for Today - Summer Fun

Hi there,

It's "cool" out there this morning.  Such a change from the hot, humid weather we've
been having and my body hasn't adjusted to this change.... Brrrrrrr!

Ok, here's another challenge I've entered from Let's Scrap http://letsscrap.ning.com/
They were having a sketch challenge and, of course, I just had to submit a layout!  :)

This is the sketch (8-8-12):

8-8-12

Here's my take on the sketch.  
I rotated the right side of the sketch 90 degrees, while the
left side was kept as is.

This was a fun layout using fun photos of Andrew and Dylan playing, laughing
and having a great time together on a hot summer day.

Supplies used:
Paper: DCWV
Font: Cricut Stamped
Cricut
Cuttlebug Embossing Folders
Sizzix
"Memories" Clear Sticker: Phrase Cafe
Sharpie Marker (for journaling and outlining)
Felt Decorative Ribbon
Wavy Trim Border: Creative Memories
Sanding Block


 I absolutely love this photo of Dylan resting his head on Andrew's head.  
So cute!  

The clear sticker fit so well with my layout.  Once again, digging through
my stash.  It's fun to find "new items" never used right at my fingertips!  :)
The wavy border was ripped using the trim border, placing it onto the paper and 
tearing it carefully along the edge.
You can just barely see the zig-zag embossing along the left side of my photo.


I embossed certain squares and since this didn't look like "enough" I found some
felt ribbon and adhered it as stripes along one side of the block. 


Here's another angle of my embossing and ribbon.  The ribbon lifted off the page
which made for a super cool effect on my layout. 


Another close up of the border tearing.  I also lifted up the edges ever so slightly for 
some dimension. 



Here's a different angle on the embossing and the ribbons. 


I used a marker to outline my journaling block and layout title.

Have a wonderful day!

I will be signing off as "Libby" from now on, as I enjoy this name so much better than my first name!

Libby  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment