Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Enjoy The Little Things

Good morning!
I hope you are all having a great day.  If it's not blistering hot in your area I encourage you
to get outside and enjoy some fresh air.

Soul Scrappers is having a Quote Challenge (QC13) and I knew I wanted to play along.
http://soul-scrappers.ning.com/
The deadline for submissions is August 13.

One requirement, that's all.  Use these words somewhere on your layout:
"Enjoy the Little Things"

 I chose a sketch from Let's Scrap ((5-13-09) and rotated it clockwise.  This worked
much better with the photo I had.

5-13-09
Here's the direct link to this sketch:


 For this layout, my title is in a different spot than what the sketch showed, and 
I think this looks much better.
The gold bar is something I pulled out of my stash and placed it just below my
journaling block.  The embroidered butterfly is actually an iron-on and since I knew I 
wasn't going to iron it to anything, I only adhered the body of the butterfly, 
leaving the wings to "fly freely."
In the lower left, the punch is actually from the border punch.  I cut out the section
I wanted to use and squared it so it fit in the corner.
Two different ribbons were used along the bottom of my layout.  I tried using the border
punch in this section (as shown in the top portion of the layout), but it just didn't look right.
Even though it took me longer than anticipated to finish this layout, I'm pleased
with how it turned out for this challenge.

Supplies used:
Paper: Ki Memories, DCWV, White Textured Cardstock: Colorbok
Misc. Flowers
Iron-On Embroidered Butterfly
Gold Bar
Fiskars Border Punch
Ribbons
Cricut
Font: Cricut Stamped
Sharpie Marker (for journaling)
Rhinestone Gems: Forever in Time
Ink: Vivid! Raspberry


The infamous "gold bar" that I keep mentioning.  We all know it isn't real (what a bummer)!!  :)
Now you can also get a closer look at a piece of the border punch that I cut to
place in the left corner and the ribbons used along the bottom.


These butterflies are the cutest!  I purchased several colors ($1 each package of 4).  What a
bargain!


A close up of a portion of my title.  I played around with where to place this word
all over my layout and finally decided it looked best here.   


A couple flowers were layered but the tiny flowers were left as is
with gems added for the centers. 


This photo shows another portion of my flower grouping as well as
the border punch used along the top of the layout.

Have a wonderful day!
Polly  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment