Friday, September 21, 2012

Boy Scout Layout

Good morning!

Although I've submitted this some time ago for the Soul Scrappers http://soul-scrappers.ning.com/ 
Inspiration Club, I still wanted you to have a better look at my layout.

The Inspiration Club's challenge for Sept 2012 was using "eyelets."  I haven't used eyelets
in such a long time!  But I had tons of them and most were purchased at a discount store.

Here's my layout.  The sketch is my own creation.

Looks a bit gruesome, but once you understand the meaning behind it, you'll understand.  :)

Journaling reads:
In our area, we have what is called the "Scout Skills Show" at our nearby Mall each year.  The Mall graciously allows Boy Scouts, Cub Scouts and Girl Scouts to "invade" the center portions of the Mall to let the public view first hand what we do.  Boys pick what they want for their booth and put everything together and also encourage Mall people to participate.  We had a booth one year about ice fishing, another year the solar system and this year was First Aid Scenarios.  Having some older boys in our Troop, they wanted to use fake blood to make injuries easily recognizable so people would stop to help and learn how to bandage head injuries and broken arms.
All the booths were "judged" and winners received gift certificates and various other items.  The Color Guard leads all the Troops to march throughout the Mall, stopping for a few words at the "Heroes Wall" in which photos are proudly displayed stating where they served and how many years served.  We then continue on until we get to our booths.  It's fun to walk around and check out all the booths and boys are encouraged to participate in other booth events for fun.    March 7, 2009

Supplies used:
Paper: DCWV
Ribbon
Red Paint/Cotton Ball
Ink: Vivid! Brown
Eyelets
Font: Cricut Stamped
Cricut
Sharpie Marker (for journaling)
Pop Dots


The left side of my layout. 


This photo was taken at our event, which is our actual sign hanging by our booth.  I thought this would be the perfect title block for my layout.
Eyelets were used in each of the upper corners and ribbon strung through them and knotted at
the ends.  


I folded down one corner and added an eyelet.  The edges of the papers were inked. 


Along the bottom of my journaling block I added various colors of eyelets. 




Sub titles were used in several spots on my layout to visually separate each activity going on.



The right side of my layout. 


These letters were dabbed with red paint using a cotton ball.  Love the effect, especially for this layout!
More eyelets were added along the left strip of paper. 


Still using a cotton ball, I gently rubbed the edges of these photos to enhance the gruesome-ness!  
Perfect for this type of layout!  


Have a wonderful day!
Libby  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment