Friday, November 23, 2012

Christmas Cards

Hi there,
I've finally gotten around to making my Christmas cards.  I made around 90 cards!
Sounds like a lot, right?  I know!!
We  usually mail out around 80 each year and this is getting rather expensive, so I'm
pondering whether or not I want to even send any out.

Anyhow I'd like to share with you several of the cards I made.  They're not for
challenges, just my simple creations using Splitcoast Stampers sketches http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/.

The three banners were embossed and the candy cane is acrylic and I added Stickles
for the "stripes."

Love this cute little snowman stamp!  I added sheer ribbon under the image and
the sentiment is from ribbon.  So cool because I don't have to stamp sentiments!

 Stickles were added on the tree.  More ribbon sentiments.  The edges of the tree and
tree trunk were distressed.

So easy to make cards when half the work is already done!  I purchased these cute 
tags in packages of four different varieties.  I simply distressed the edges and added a ribbon. 

This cute little snowman is also a tag.  Paper is DCWV winter paper pack.

Love this card!  If I would have enough supplies, I would make all my cards this way.
I added white ribbon and sheer ribbon on the ornament.  The ornament and glitter
snowman with the sentiment were more great finds just strolling through the
Christmas isles!

This card was going to be for a challenge, but I didn't use one of their  card sketches, so
I couldn't submit it.  The challenge was to use scraps cut into strips of left over papers, to somehow 
create a card or layout with them, either as a background or die cut, etc.
This was totally too fun!!!  I cut various papers which were left over after making my Christmas
cards.  The strips were cut 1/4" and adhered to a piece of cardstock.  The overhanging pieces
were trimmed and check out this cool card!!  I also used the strips behind the ornament.
I used two tags for the ornament and added ribbon.

Hope you enjoyed my cards!
Libby  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment