Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Dog Sledding

Hello there!
Today, I'm sharing a layout that was submitted at Paper Secrets http://www.papersecrets.net/
for their November Sketch Challenge.

Here's the sketch:


And here's what I created:
Dog sledding with my father in law (Aug. 1995).  Man, was this fun!  Hard work, but so fun!
In the top photo I decided to sit in the sled and ride that way.  Not so fun and I got so
cold.  The bottom photo shows the dogs all hitched up, waiting to RUN!  My father in law
had the large team of 10 dogs while I had all I could handle with 6 dogs.

Oh yes, I had many falls.  The first time dog sledding I fell off the sled, got dragged by
the dogs and sled and ended up hardly able to move the next day.  I was literally sore from
the bottoms of my feet to my neck!  Great way to get a workout.  :)

Once I figured out how to "stay on the sled" everything else was a piece of cake.
Many days I would take time off from work, anxious for some stress-reliever, and we would
ride the snowmobile trails all day.  The most peaceful experience ever!  I love it!
I heard nothing but the dog's paws running on the crispy snow.  Just hold on and 
enjoy the scenery.

Supplies used:
Paper: DCWV
Twine
Distressing w/Scissors
Fabric & Glitter Snowflake

Got a package of these fabric snowflakes at a discount store.  You just never know
what you will find at any store.  :)

I hand cut the banners the size I wanted, adhere them around the twine and distressed 
the edges.  I left a looped knot on each end. 

A closer look at the banner and distressing.

Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!
Libby  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment