Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Peaceful

Hi there,
Another "mellow" day here today.  Glad for it too because tomorrow the "storm" in our lives begins....

I have a layout to share that was submitted at ARTastic Challenge Blog http://artasticchallengeblog.blogspot.com/
for their November Inspiration Challenge.  Below is the inspirational photo, which is
actually a QUILT!  How cool is that!


** Additional criteria is to use fabric and stitching on your page.

Taking the greens and blues (or teal) from the photo, which caught my eye, this is what I created:

On our Allagash trip with the Boy Scouts in 2008, a few of us were just standing
there enjoying the peaceful scenery.  Our son is in the bottom photo, standing in the
center (with the hat on).

Supplies used:
Paper: DCWV, Colorbok
Satin Fabric
Lace Fabric
Font: Cricut Opposites Attract
Perfect Pearls Mists
Diamond Stickles
Embroidery Floss: Making Memories
Stitching Template: Bazzill Basics
Paper Piercer
I chose a Creating Keepsakes sketch

Using the stitching template and my paper piercer the holes were in place for the
stitching.  Stickles were added randomly along each stitch.

One of my favorite Cricut fonts!
The letters were misted.

And now for the fun part!  I don't normally work with fabric very much... on my layouts!
Once I found this satin fabric, and stared at my layout for awhile, I started cutting 
triangles, which would represent the trees.  I cut a strip of lace fabric to place under the
trees.  Another strip of lace was cut to cover up the bottom of the lace.  
Next, I cut strips of the mesh-like lace and twisted it and adhered it on top of the lace section, kinda
angling it like a "scenery" of trees would be.
Then the trees were added, trying to tuck the bottom of the trees under the rolled
pieces.  Stickles was applied to the bottom strip of lace and on the rolled pieces as well
as along the bottom of each tree.
The trees were only adhered along the bottom, leaving the rest of the tree free to lay as
it wanted and also giving it more dimension.
Finally, everything was misted with Pearls Mists.
I LOVE how this turned out!

Here's a closer look at one portion of my tree grouping.

Wanted to show you the misting, which is so cool!  Love this stuff!



An even closer look at the fabric & lace techniques.  You can see how the 
trees are gently falling over the rolled lace.  This was so fun to put together!

Hope you like it!

Thanks for stopping by and hope you'll return soon!
Libby  :)

6 comments:

  1. Hi Libby. Love the 3D effect your trees and lace have given to your page. The misting and stickles are great too. Cheers, Di

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful page Libby! I love your satin & lace trees, in such a gorgeous colour and a very apt title I must say. I am so pleased you had fun with this LO & that you played along at ARTastic with us.

    Special hugs to you too, sending your hubby all the warmest of wishes xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just beautiful Libby. The colours you have used make your page so serene - very calming. Thank you SO much for taking the time to play with us at ARTastic this month. I'm thinking of your family and sending you positive vibes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can so see that you had a fun time exploring techniques and creating a unique and very eyecatching layout for November's Challenge.
    Your layout is peaceful and so pretty and thank you for shaing it with us at ARTastic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Polly! what a great entry for Artastic this month, your satin trees look great and similar in shape to the pine trees in your photos. Perfect title you used and love all the blue!
    hugs
    shazza

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very clever page.Your fabric trees are great. Well done and thanks for joining us at ARTastic this month.

    ReplyDelete