Monday, November 26, 2012

Waiting

Hi there!

I am so not liking the time change... it gets darker way too early!  This makes it quite 
challenging for me to find places/ways to take photos of my layouts and cards.  I've tried 
several different things and some photos have this "orange tinge" to them.  UGH!
Maybe my hubby can help figure out something for me... :)

In the meantime, if I complete layouts "later" in the day, the color won't be so great.
Bear with me... I'll work something out!  

This layout was submitted at Rochelle Spears Blog http://rochellespears.blogspot.com/
for the November Stash Challenge.

The challenge: 
1.  Include a pocket (envelope, file folder, etc)
2.  Use chevrons
3.  Use something metal

This is the sketch:

And here's what I created:
Zoe and Tom, waiting for me to let them in.  They would sit there quite awhile, watching me
and waiting...  Such funny animals!

Supplies used:
Paper: DCWV, Colorbok
Font: Cricut Stamped
Cricut
Metal Brads
Rosettes
Cording
Decorative Trim: Webster's Pages
Creative Memories Border Template
Netting
Fabric Heart
Plastic Flowers
Plastic Tag & Hart: Making Memories
Paper Lace Doily
Cross Stitch Fabric Flowers
Pocket: Paper Pizazz Stencil
Metal Moulding
Distress Stains: Tim Holtz
Alcohol Inks: Adirondack
Perfect Pearls Mists
Copper Leafing Pen: Krylon
Hand Made Chevron
Gesso
Staples
Circle Punch
Sharpie Marker
Sizzix Flower Die
Big Shot 
My title and a view of the spritzing.
Love these large metal circle brads.  They were dabbed with Gesso and misted.

Gesso was applied using a scrunched up piece of paper towel, smearing and dabbing.
Love this decorative trim from Webster's Pages!
I used copper leafing on the edges of the metal mounding strip and randomly on the top and dabbed with Gesso.  Everything was misted.

The hand made chevron was placed under my cluster.  I used Gesso along the edges.  A small piece of recycled netting was used the chevron, then the paper doily which was painted with
Gesso, copper leafing and misted.  Cross stitch fabric flowers were added along with hearts,
rosettes and plastic flowers.  
The pocket was distressed and inside is the tag with hidden journaling. 
The rosettes were dabbed in Gesso and brushed lightly with copper leafing.

String was used to tie the tag around the metal moulding.  The tag was dabbed with Gesso
and misted with copper leafing around the edges.

Lots of layers and dimension!!  :)

The journaling tag was edged with copper leafing.  A circle punch was folded in half
and stapled at the top as the tag.

The decorative trim was adhered to the back of the circle.

Thanks for looking!
Libby  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment