Thursday, December 13, 2012

Cool Dude

Hello!
I've decided to post this layout which I completed the beginning of December. 
I will be uploading it at Page Drafts http://pagedrafts.blogspot.com/
for their Sketch Challenge.  They have awesome sketches... go on over and check them out!

This was the sketch I worked with:
 

Here's my layout:
These photos were taken when our grandson was 6 years old.  He was into chapstick at the time,
so I got him some chocolate chapstick.  Wow!  I would have never guessed that he
would have so much fun with this!  He would apply it all around his lips then look in the
mirror!  It was so stinkin' cute!!  Then he would look at me and smile!
The hat was purchased through the mail... something fun for him and the sunglasses were
hanging around the house.  He sure was one cool dude!  :)

Supplies used:
Paper: DCWV, Momenta, Colorbok
Die Cuts
Foam Title Letters
Paper Rick Rack
Ribbons
String
Distressing
Marker (to color the sunglasses--which were pink) and for journaling
Pop Dots
 
The foam letters were multi-colored and were kind of "blah" on the page, so I adhered
cardstock to each one, trimmed them and distressed the edges.
 
I found these sunglasses in my stash, the only ones... and they were a bright pink!
So I got out the marker and colored them black.
The star was distressed and the date and age added.
 
I added string around the kite and knotted ribbons and used pop dots to adhere the kite.
 
 And here's a closer look at our cutie... with the chocolate chapstick!!

Thanks for taking a peek at my Blog!
Libby  :)

1 comment:

  1. Wow Libby what a fabulous page he he..just to clarify there is no sketch challenge at Page Drafts I just share sketches with all you fabulous scrappers out there, however I will be sharing this gem on the FB page for all the followers to swoon over so thank you so much for sharing it its gorgeous! xox

    ReplyDelete