Monday, January 21, 2013

All Smiles

Hi there,

The sun is shining... but it's very deceiving... because it's only 7 degrees today.  It's a cold one!

I have a layout to share that was submitted at The Color Rooms for their Color Palette (#142) and Sketch Challenge.  Here's the color palette:
Picture 

This is the sketch:

Picture


And here's what I created:
Our daughter when she was 19-20 months old... and always smiling and happy, clapping her hands to any music she would hear!

I used the color palette, sketch, animal print paper, embossing and misting.

Supplies used:
Paper: Colorbok, DCWV
Lace Paper Doily
Flowers
Clear Gems
Misting Alphabet Letters
Mister Huey's Color Mists
Perfect Pearls Mists
Font: Cricut Stamped
Sharpie Marker
Cuttlebug Embossing Folders
 
Love how this misting turned out.  I was a bit hesitant as it never turns out the way I like!
Each paper piece was embossed.
 
You can see some of the misting from the letters on the right of my page.
 
The paper doily was also misted.  Flowers with clear gems add a bit of bling to the page... and I love bling!!


Journaling is a bit difficult to read because of the heavy misting... of course, right where I decided to journal!

Journaling reads:
All smiles.  That was you every time I got out my camera.  You were one happy girl.  Spring 1983

A closer look at the flowers and gems.  These gems were a prize winning.  They are shaped like a cone... so I adhered them in the flower centers, cone down.  For adding to the page, I adhered them with the flat side down.
 




 Trying to give you a better look at the misting on the doily.
 




Thanks for visiting my Blog.

2 comments: