Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Play Hard

Hi there,

I ended up cleaning some much needed "spots" in the house today.  I found all of our cat's toys!!  She loves the little mesh balls with a bell in them... the only problem is that they "disappear" after awhile from her batting them all over.  I found them!!  She's gonna be so happy.

I have a layout to share that was submitted at a new (to me) challenge site called CSI Challenge Blog.
I thought I would play along... and it was challenging but fun!  It enticed me because I love watching all the CSI shows on TV!  I know, the initials do not mean the same!!  
I'm hoping it will get easier the more times I participate.  Here's all the info about their current challenge:

Case File #54:
 

The Scene and The Scheme:
 

THE SCHEME (USE ALL 5 COLORS)
  • Chamomile - light buttery yellow, taken from the background
  • Rooibos - bright red, taken from the teacup
  • Black Tea - black, taken from the tea inside the cup
  • Milk Tea - tan, taken from the circles
  • Na'vi Tea - bright sky blue, taken from the teaspoon


The Sketch:

PAGE DRAFT (USE THE SKETCH AS INSPIRATION FOR YOUR DESIGN)
  • To qualify for a prize or feature, you must use the entire case file, which includes the Page Draft sketch.
  • You may interpret the elements in the design as you wish, but use the basic composition of the sketch.
  • You may flip or rotate the sketch to suit your design.
  • Have fun!
EVIDENCE (CHOOSE AT LEAST 2 ELEMENTS)
  • punched circles
  • tickets
  • swirls
  • polka dots
  • text pattern
  • music pattern
  • paper piecing
  • mixed media background
  • doodling
  • teacup accent
  • string
TESTIMONY (CHOOSE AT LEAST 2 ELEMENT)
  • Collage words together for your journaling.
  • Write in the form of a ticket (use your imagination and interpret this how you like).
  • Hand write your journaling
  • Use this quote as inspiration: “A woman is like a tea bag- you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water.” ~  Eleanor Roosevelt 
  • Use the title or lyrics of a song as inspiration for your journaling.
  • Inspiration Words: -- today, hot, drink use these as inspiration for your journaling, not just as a title

We trust we've left enough clues for you to solve the case!
The deadline for completing Case File No. 54
is Sunday, January 20, 11:59 p.m. EST.
Thus, you have a week plus the two weekends to complete your layout.


Here is what I worked diligently on and finally completed today:
This is our son (in red and black) playing soccer at the Dutch Soccer Academy he attended at a local college.  For one week he played pretty intense games, learned new techniques and made some friends from all around the world!    I dropped him off early each morning and picked him up well into the evening... and he would be totally exhausted.  I am so proud of him for not only attending but sticking with it!  I think it was a wonderful experience for him.

Supplies used:
Paper: DCWV, Colorbok
Vellum
Swirls: Traced & Hand Cut
Soccer Stickers: SandyLion
Arrows
Folder Tabs
String
EK Success Heart Punch
Chipboard
Distress Stain: Tim Holtz
Perfect Pearls Mists
Color Mist: Wilton
Distressing
Sharpie Marker
Clear Stickers: Miss Elizabeth's
"UMPI" Cardstock Letters: Momenta

Love the misting on the background paper!  The photo was matted and lots of layering was tucked just under the photo.  The vellum represents the circles in "the scene."  Stickers were adhered to cardstock first, then trimmed.  The smaller stars were punched.  The small cardstock letters (UMPI) were distressed before adding to the tab.  This tells the "where."

I peeled off the first layer on the chipboard letters (the colors didn't match).  I started with stain then added mists to them.
 
The swirls were traced from a template.  The clear stickers were mixed and matched to come up with the date and year on the tab.  This tells the "date."


 I added hand written journaling in the blank space below the photo.  I included the word "hot" from the "testimony" listing.
 
This photo only shows a portion of the banner.  This folder tab states the "time."  The arrows point to all the tab titles.
 



Here's a better look at the right side of my page.  Lots of layering and misting and I really love how this turned out!
Hope you do too.

Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment