Monday, February 11, 2013

Dylan

Hi there!
More snow arriving in our area.  Nothing new going on... for a Monday.

I have a layout to share that was submitted at Boys Rule Scrapbook Kits  for their February Sketch Challenge.
Here's the sketch:


This is what I created:
 
This our little cutie grandson when he was 3 years old.  I can't believe he's 11 y/o already!
He was just standing there looking at me, waiting to go outside.  Love this photo!

Supplies used:
Paper: DCWV, Colorbok, Other
Distressing
Stars & Arrows: Traced from stencils
Star Gem
Various Brads
Ribbon
Paint Splotches
Sticker Title Letters: Miss Elizabeth's
Sharpie Marker

These arrows are the cutest!  After cutting them out the edges were distressed.
 
 I found this cute little smiley face brad in my stash.  Figured I'd better use them... since I only had two left!
The star gem was also added in this grouping.  Thought it filled in the space a bit more.

Here's another look at the arrows under the photo.

 
All the edges were distressed then splattered with paint and added various brads.

Ribbon was added along the top and bottom of my page.

Under the sticker letters I added journaling.
 
Here's a look at the right side of my page, showing the layers and brads.

And here's a look at the left side.

 I started out using a toothbrush to spritz the paint on, then I added more paint to the toothbrush and shook the brush over the page... which created the larger splotches.  I got the effect I wanted.

Thanks for stopping by!


No comments:

Post a Comment