Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Katahdin

Hello,

This layout was submitted at Home and Scrapped for their recent Blog Hop Challenge, which was to use a butterfly on your creation.

Using a sketch from Stickers N Fun (May 2007) this is what I created:
 
This is Scott, Andrew and I at the top of Katahdin.  It took us around 7 hours to get to the top and another 5 hours to get back down.  Yup, 12 hours of hiking and climbing.. and SO glad I had these two with me to share the accomplishment.

Supplies used:
Paper: Colorbok, DCWV, Other
Tag
Twine
Oval Cardstock
Distressing
Brad
Sticker Letters
Sharpie Marker
Perfect Pearls Mists: Biscotti
Butterflies

I wrapped twine around a brad and knotted it at the other end.
 
 I found this tag in my stash and thought it fit in perfectly with my page.  I distressed the edges and added twine at the top (which you can't see in this photo).... scroll down to see more.

I matted my journaling block and added two silver butterflies.

 Here's a look at the misting on my background paper.

 The right side of my page.

 Here's a look at the left side.  The twine in the tag can be seen in this photo.

Thanks for taking a peek at my blog.
Hope you will visit again.

No comments:

Post a Comment