Saturday, February 9, 2013

Nature's Masterpiece

Hello,

I have a special layout to share with you which was submitted at Colorful Creations for their So You Think You Can Scrap Challenge... Week 6 (SYTYCS06).  This is a challenge that required sign ups beforehand.
I say it's special because these photos were taken while our son and I went on our daily excursions through the acres and acres of my step-dad's fields.  These sure were special times and I got lots of wonderful photos.

So, here's the sketch we had to use:
 

The additional challenge is:
Create a monochromatic layout and use ALL of the following on your page:
Die cut
Border punch
Flowers (at least TWO MUST be handmade)
Bling
Butterflies

I'm so excited to still be in the running! Woo hoo!
This is what I created.  I should warn you there's an onslaught of photos ahead.  :)
Andrew and I had so much fun walking through the fields.  Each day we saw something new and exciting.

I used the monochromatic page and stayed true to the sketch.
Die cut (flowers & leaves)
Border Punch
Flowers (3 are hand made)
Bling (flower centers and around the flower groupings)
Butterflies
 
Supplies used:
Paper: Kraft, Colorbok, Other
Sizzix Flowers Dies
Sizzix Leaf Dies
Ink: Vivid! Brown
Gems
Flowers
Kraft flowers
Kraft leaves
Cuttlebug Embossing Folder
Seam Binding Ribbon
Decorative Trim
Wood Butterflies
Satin Rosette: Hand Made
Paper Flower: Hand Made (using old book paper & Stickles)
Lace
EK Success Border Punch
Title from an embossed photo frame (Inked)
Glitter Pen (for journaling)
Cardboard Fence
Sizzix Fence Die
Satin Rose: Hand Made
Perfect Pearls Mist: Heirloom Gold

Here's a close up of the wooden butterfly.

I made this cute rosette with narrow ribbon.  Gems were added randomly around the groupings.

This rosette was made with wider satin ribbon and misted before the gem was added.

The leaves were misted and folded a bit for dimension.

One of the flower groupings.

The fence was cut with corrugated cardboard and misted.  Decorative trim was added through the posts.

I layered a couple of the large flowers and added smaller embossed flowers to the center.  Other smaller flowers were added as well as gems.  All the flowers were misted.
  
To make sure my journaling was straight, I added very light lines.  Thank goodness I did or the journaling would have been "guaranteed" crooked!

This is the flower grouping in the upper right of my page.  Another butterfly was added in the corner.  I layered a border punched strip of paper, lace and seam binding ribbon. 
The large flower was made with the Sizzix flower die and old book paper.  After scrunching it I added Stickles to the edges and finally misted it.

 
Over the seam binding ribbon I added decorative trim.  The title was cut from a frame.  The letters were embossed so I inked them so they would show up better and matted it on a lighter paper to stand out more.
 
Embossed corners were added on each bottom corner.  The larger flower was embossed and the edges turned up a bit.

 
The leaves were also embossed and folded in the center.


A different photo angle.






 Staying true to the sketch, I added a border punched paper on the left side.


Phew!  That's it!  I hope you enjoyed the photos!

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment