Monday, February 11, 2013

Scenic Vista

Hello,

I'd like to share my layout that was created for Soul Scrappers for the monthly Quote Challenge that I'm hosting (QC20).  The challenge is to use the following quote somewhere on your project.  The deadline for entries is March 7th.

"Each moment of the year has its own beauty."  
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Using a sketch from Stickers N Fun (June 2008), this is what I created:
Rather than type it all again, I'm going to show you a portion of my write up for my challenge.

This photo was taken as Andrew balanced on a rock, taking a moment to enjoy the clear running water, the quietness and the mountains that surrounded Chimney Pond at Baxter State Park.  I still marvel at the beauty of the majestic mountains and that I actually got this wonderful photo of my boy.  He was, at this moment, oblivious to all the excitement and commotion going on in the background as we (the Boy Scouts and all the volunteers) prepared to climb the very mountain in front of us.  Katahdin was begging us on, calling us to the challenge.

And... I have to add that I'm SO excited that my album for my challenge was FEATURED!
Woo hoo!  Totally thrilled about this... and had to share!!  :)

Supplies used:
Paper: DCWV, K&Co., Colorbok
Pop Dots
Die Cuts
Sharpie Marker
Distressing
Title & Subtitle cut from pp
Mister Huey's Color Mist: Clay
Perfect Pearls Mists: Biscotti

I usually type up computer generated journaling, but I chose to hand write it this time.
 
All the papers were misted except the title which was adhered with pop dots.

 The trees were misted and the leaves curled up a bit for some dimension.  The sub title was also adhered with pop dots.
 
 I added additional journaling in the lower corner of my page.
 


Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment