The layout to share today was submitted at White With 1 for their February Challenge and here's the challenge:
White + Pink + Hearts
Sounds easy, right? It really wasn't that bad. Actually, it's FUN when I'm scrappin the cutest little girls ever!
Here's what I created using a sketch from Stickers N Fun (June 2006):
Here's my little nieces who are not so little anymore. Love this photo of them having fun outside on their jungle gym/slide. My sister gave this to me and it's one of my faves.
Paper: Colorbok, DCWV, Other
Foam Glitter Hearts
Cuttlebug Embossing Folder
Darice Embossing Folder
Foam Self-adhesive hearts
Foam Title Letters
Perfect Pearls Mist
I added three strips of ribbon on the right side of the photos... which filled in some empty space that I didn't like empty. Two foam glittery hearts were also added.
Here's a closer look at the cute glitter hearts.
The circle was embossed and flowers and hearts added. The dark pink heart is foam, which was embossed and the white backing that was peeled off was used as another heart to the left of the grouping. Pink and white brads were used for the flower centers.
I love these cute little foam hearts but they looked so "plain" so I embossed them. Love how they turned out! Two brads were added between the hearts.
I embossed this white cardstock and the bottom was torn and distressed a bit. The journaling was written with a pink marker.
These pink flowers are so sweet. It wasn't until I adhered them to my page that I noticed the petals of the flowers are HEARTS too! How cool is that!!
Once again, I used the backing from the self-adhesive foam hearts. These are so cute! There was no need to emboss them again, they embossed the first time around with the foam on them.
Here's a straight-on look at this flower/heart grouping.
These letters are foam and were all sorts of cool colors, which didn't match my page. So, I dug out my gesso and smothered the letters with it and misted it with pearl mist. Love how they turned out!
A closer look at the embossed foam heart.
This is a better look at the letters... and the dimension that was added to them with the gesso. These letters were self-adhesive too, so all I had to do was peel off the backing and adhere them to the page.
A look at the lower right of my page.
A closer look at the upper left grouping.
Another look at the letters. I wasn't sure how they were going to turn out... but I'm pleased with them.
Thanks for stopping by.
Have a wonderful day!