Wednesday, March 6, 2013

So Small

Hi!
Me again, with another post for today.

This layout was submitted at Sketches With a Twist for their March Sketch and Twist Challenge.  This is the sketch:

The TWIST is to use Washi on your page.

This is what I created:
 
This is our little Zoe-dog when she was just 6 weeks old.  At this time, our CAT was larger than her!  She was so small!  It was so fun to just carry her around and have her sleep on our lap.
She is now 60-70 pounds!  She's no longer "small!"  :)

Supplies used:
Paper: DCWV
Washi Tape: Hand Made
Stickers Title & Sub Title
Rosettes: Hand Made
Gems
Paw Print Gem
Metal Word
 
I used this piece of washi tape as the base for my title.

In the bottom right of my page I added a sub title "Zoe" and used a marker to draw lines around it to emphasize it more.

 The larger striped rosette was made out of wide ribbon and the two smaller rosettes were made with seam binding ribbon.  I simply sewed the ribbons along one edge and gathered them into a circle and added gems in the centers.


I added the metal word onto one of the circles.
 
The washi tape was made using scotch tape and an old magazine.  I adhered the scotch tape on a portion of the page I wanted for my tape, then soaked them in water and then peel the paper off, which leaves the image onto the tape.  So cool!  I use vellum adhesive to add it to the page.
 
I also used various washi tapes along the left of my page.  The doggie print ones were made in the same way, using scrapbooking patterned paper.

Hope you liked my page.
Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. Wow Libby this looks awesome,and you made your own Washi tape! Love the pics of your tiny doggy too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Libby, this looks fabulous! I love that you made so many of your embellishments.. love your interpretation of the sketch.. thanks for joining in at SWAT!

    ReplyDelete