Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Capture the Joy

Hi there,

I have a layout to share that I wanted to submit at Sketchbook365 because when I saw the sketch, I knew I had to give it a whirl!  But... once again... I MISSED the DEADLINE for submissions!  :(

So bummed!  But I'm sharing it with you anyhow.

Here's the sketch based on a layout by Kim Woods.
 


Here's what I created:
Our daughter, happy as a clam, pushing our cat in the stroller!

Supplies used:
Paper: K&Co.
Folder Tabs: Home Made
Sticker Title: K&Co.
Flowers
Ribbon
Glitter Gems: Home Made
Sharpie Marker

 
 I folded a small piece of pp in half and cut out the folder tab.  I know... I have templates to create my own, but I felt like just cutting them out myself.  :)
I added a small banner just under the tab, a flower and glitter gem on top of it.

 This was the best part... cutting all these pp and layering them just so.  I cut a few of the pp to resemble a tag and added satin ribbon at the tops of three of them.  Then I added my flowers and gems.  The tiny tab to the right of the photo was hand cut also.

 
I used a portion of this larger tag to journal a few lines.

Here's the left side of my page.  Another folder tab that I made.  These flowers are the cutest!  And making the glitter gems was so totally fun!

 
 I adhered the sticker onto pp and trimmed it.  Here's a closer look at the glitter gems.  Aren't they cute?
 


Thanks so much for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment