Sunday, May 12, 2013

Friendship Card

Hello,

I have a fun (and different) sort of card to share with you today.  It was submitted at Soul Scrappers for their "Foreign Objects" Challenge (THC61).  You can see the challenge here.

The challenge is to look around your house and use something that you wouldn't normally use to create your project.

Well, I found something "unusual" and created this card:
Hubby came home one day last week with a pink Styrofoam plate filled with home made donuts.  Hmmmm... there must be something I could make with that Styrofoam!!  So I washed it and set it aside until I thought of something and this is what I created.

Supplies used:
 Paper: Colorbok, White Cardstock
Pink Styrofoam Plate (Foreign Object)
Flowers: Prima
Ribbon
Staples
Sticker Sentiment: Pixie Press
Gems: Home Made

 
I cut a couple of tags from the Styrofoam and using one of my Cricut tools, pressed it gently around the edges of the tag to look like straight stitches.  Ribbon was staples at the top of the tag and also wrapped around the other end.  
I also hand cut a heart and using the Cricut tool again, made stitching lines around the heart and added a small flower and gem.

On the other tag I added a few more flowers and gems.

Hope you like it.  I had fun creating something with a "foreign object!"

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment