Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Happy

Hello,

Here's a layout that was submitted at Colorful Creations for their May Sketch a Thon.  This is the challenge for May 8th (tabmay).  Here's the direct link to their Challenge.  Check it out!  There's so many great sketches for the WHOLE month of MAY!

This is the sketch:
 

And here's what I created:
Our daughter when she was 16.  

Supplies used:
Paper: Colorbok, K&Co., DCWV
Glitter Heart: Home Made
Flower
Pearl Gems: Home Made
Cardstock Title Letters

Three gems were added in the upper right.

These letters were coated with nail polish (a pearl color) and heated/dried with the heat gun, then the process was repeated.  Something different I was trying.  Love how the letters turned out!

A closer look at the letters.

The pearl gems I made were added around the photo.  I used a ruler to make sure I kept them straight!

These flowers were purchased as a bouquet and I tore them apart and layered two together with a gem in the center.

I made this heart!!!  How cool is that!!  I used hot glue... made the shape of a heart.  When it dried I used nail polish to paint it and added glitter.  I need more practice to make the lines straight!  So hard with a glue gun and having to keep pressing the trigger!

Here's a closer look at the gems.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment