Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Discover

Hello,

Here's a layout that was submitted at Soul Scrappers for their Around the World Challenge - The Netherlands (ATW6.5).  You can see the challenge here.

Here are the inspiration photos:
 
Here's what I created:
This was such a beautiful, peaceful place.  Andrew and I walked here every chance we could and stayed in this area for hours!  Loved it!

I was inspired by the photos of water, trees and the colors brown, tan and green.

Supplies used:
Paper: Colorbok, My Mind's Eye, K&Co.
Distressing
Cuttlebug Embossing Folder
Prima Flowers
Gems: Home Made
Pop Dots
Sizzix Leaf Die
Flower "pieces"
Kraft Leaves
Sticker Title
Ribbon
Staple
Sharpie Marker
Tag Template
Journaling Block: Pixie Press
Sketch: Page Maps (May 2005)

I stumbled upon this creation by shear accident.  I came across these "pieces" from a flower bouquet I recently purchased and thought they would look so cool on my page.  The problem was that I had NO idea how to use them.  So, after many attempts, this is what I came up with.  I LOVE how it turned out!  After placing the "branches" under the journaling block... I tucked the leaves within them.

The tag was cut from a template.  Ribbon was stapled at the top.  The title is a sticker and leaves were tucked under the title.  And a few more flowers were added.

Because the "branches" were a bit thick on the bottoms, I adhered the journaling block with pop dots.

And here's my flower cluster in the lower right of my page.  Flowers are Prima and the gems are home made.

A closer look at the flowers.

And one more look at the branches and leaves.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment