Wednesday, July 10, 2013

So Thankful For You

Hello,

Here's a layout that was submitted at Colorful Creations for their Recipe Fun July (fkrecipe04).  You can see the challenge here.

This is the RECIPE:

1.  Patterned paper for background (spots, stripes or chevrons) = I used spots/dots and stripes
2.  Photo or photos
3.  Fussy cutting = The circles and flowers were fussy cut from pp
4.  Title
5.  Metal Embellishment = Three spiral metal clips along the right
6.  Journaling
7.  Frame your photo = I framed my photo with washi tape

Here's what I created:
My son and I at a family gathering several years ago.  Love this photo of us.

Supplies used:
Paper: My Mind's Eye
Pop Dots
Spiral Metal Clips
Journaling Block
Ribbon
Chipboard Page Title
Washi Tape: Home Made
Sharpie Marker
Sketch: Page Maps (Jan 2010)

Here's a closer look at the circles and flowers that were cut from pp.  The flowers or stars (whatever they are) were adhered with pop dots. 

One corner of the washi tape photo frame.  For the glittery gold washi tape I simply painted a glitter paint over the tissue paper and when that dried I stamped over it.  The yellow washi tape is simply crumpled up tissue paper added onto double sided tape. 

My page title is self-adhesive chipboard. 

This journaling tag is a sticker, which was added below the title.  For the scrunched ribbon, I pulled the thread that was already on the ribbon and adhered it in place.


All the fussy cut embellies were adhered with pop dots along the right of my page and metal spiral clips were added randomly. 

A closer look at the ribbon.  Such a cool technique! 


Thanks so much for stopping by!



1 comment: