Monday, September 9, 2013

Road Trip

Hi there,

I have a layout to share that was submitted at Sketches 4 All for their Sept. Guest Designer Challenge (SeptGDT).  You can see the challenge here.

This is the sketch:
Extra criteria:  Add journaling about a passion.

Here's my layout titled, "Road Trip."
Since I mostly scrap 12x12 layouts... I adapted the sketch.

These photos were taken on a recent trip to see some of the historical sites in our home State... places we have never seen before.  We saw so many cool things!

Supplies used:
Paper: My Mind's Eye, Colorbok
Ribbons
Trims/Cording
Circle Punches
3D Stickers
Sharpie Marker
Staples
Epoxy Stickers: K&Co.
Metallic Paints

Here's my journaling about a passion... visiting historical sites.  This wasn't always my passion... but it is now.  I could wander around these sites for hours!  My pet peeve:  Getting rushed along when I really want to take the time to check it all out!

Since my page title was so little... I matted it on several pieces of pp and cardstock and cut the larger two papers into a banner.

The dark blue cardstock was created by dabbing several paints using a paper towel.  Nothing fancy here!  Paper towels work great for these ink projects!

The light blue pieces are actually pieces of the photos that were trimmed.  After seeing all the pieces I decided to put them to use.  The perfect sketch to use up photo pieces!

Another look at the painted cardstock.  Ribbon was added along the bottom with string over that.

Here's a look at the upper right side of my page.  ALL the pieces are left over pieces of photos when I trimmed them for this page.  Pretty cool, huh?  Some of them were made into tags... and others were dabbed with paints.

When I pulled this ribbon out of my bin... it was all crinkly... so I used it as is.  Thought it brought a little interest to the page.  Then two trims were added beside it.

This is the left side of my page.  Rather than use tiny pics like in the sketch, I simply used slimmed photos.
 
Here's a closer look at the painted photo piece.

On top of the center rectangle photo.. I added a smaller piece onto it with a epoxy star at the top.  To the right of this are two photo pieces... the top one was painted and cut into a tag.

Trim was wrapped around the long narrow photo banner.

A 3D circle embellie was placed above the dark cardstock.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Sketches 4 All Design Team Member


No comments:

Post a Comment