Monday, October 28, 2013

Soccer 2-page Layout

Hi there,

Well, it's snowing!!!!  Yuck... 
It's cold and I have to wear a t-shirt (and no sweatshirt)... to get some air to my stitches.  Brrrrrr!
Yeah, I'm a tad bit cold!  Guess I should have gotten these moles removed in the SUMMER, right?

Anyhow, I have a 2-page layout to share that was submitted at Sketches 4 All for their Anything Goes With 2 Pages Challenge (2page).  You can see the challenge here.

The challenge is to create a 2-page layout, use at least 1 photo on each page and add flowers.

I am so not crazy about completing 2-page layouts!  I still can't believe that it's the only layouts I would do way back when!  Ugh!

This 2-pager is titled, "Soccer."
Our grandson's soccer games this Fall.  Not to brag or anything... but he's such a super soccer player!!  Love watching him play!

Supplies used:
Paper: Colorbok, DCWV, Other
Clear Stickers
Ribbon
Staple
Stickers
Button Flowers
Twine: American Crafts
Darice Embossing Folder
Sketch: From Creating Keepsakes (Nov/Dec 2013 issue) by Jennifer McCracken

I used several mats and finished with an embossed mat where the number and soccer ball were added.  The "7" was hand drawn.

The page title sticker was also matted several times.  Soccer balls were randomly above it!

The tag was home made and a soccer sticker placed on it.  Ribbon was stapled at the top and the tag was tucked under the photo.  Soccer ribbon was added along the top.

I found more soccer ribbon and used it across both pages just below the photos.
Scraps of papers were used for the banners and a couple of flower buttons with twine knotted through them were placed randomly on the banners.

The other flower button.  Soccer ball stickers were also placed randomly on the banners.


And I couldn't resist taking a photo of my favorite photo.... 
As Lynn and I were waiting for them to listen to the coach after the game, I grabbed my camera to take a shot of the team... and Dylan saw me pointing the camera in his direction.... up goes his arm, straight in the air, waving like crazy at us!  It was the cutest thing ever... and I was so HAPPY to get a pic of it!!

Clear stickers were added on a couple of the photos.  This one says, "Breakaway" and he looks like he's the only one on the soccer field... breaking away from all the others!

Another clear sticker was added to this photo.  Love this photo too... 
He's not afraid of anyone on the other teams and can hold his own on the field!  Watch out (tall kid), here comes Dylan... and he got the ball!!  Woo hoo!

Another view of the banners along the bottom, ribbon and soccer balls.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Sketches 4 All Design Team Member


No comments:

Post a Comment