Sunday, November 17, 2013

Joy

Hello everyone!

It's time for the next quote at Soul Scrappers for the Quote Challenge (QC30) that I'm hosting .  I hope you will stop by and check it out.  You can see my challenge here.

This is the quote:

"Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile is the source of your joy."
-Thich Nhat Hanh

Simply use this quote somewhere on your project and add it to the Soul Scrappers Gallery by December 9th to be in the running for a prize!

This is the example layout I created titled, "Joy."
Love this photo of Andrew holding Dylan after his Pre-K graduation ceremony.  He was so stinkin cute with his new suit and tie... and that sweet little face!!

I hand wrote the quote above the photo.

Supplies used:
Paper: Colorbok, DCWV
Stencil
Gesso
Marker
EK Success Border Punch
String
Clear Sentiment Sticker
Rick Rack
Hole Punch
Corner Rounder
Stars: Cut from pp
Distressing
Sketch: Page Maps (July 2013)

I added the quote above the rick rack.

After using the border punch the edges were distressed.

The banners were layered (pp over white cardstock) and stars added on some of them.  Tiny bows were added on each end with the string.

I added the event and date just below the banner.

The background was created using a stencil and Gesso.  Once I lifted it off one portion, I pressed it down onto other parts... for a different effect.

Another look at the banner.

Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope you will join in on my challenge.

Soul Scrappers Design Team Member


No comments:

Post a Comment