Tuesday, March 6, 2012

More Cards

Hi!
Several more cards I've had stashed away in my never-ending card supply boxes!  Can you tell I LOVE making cards!?!?!  

Here's an appropriate card for the up-coming Easter holiday.

Get Well hearts.... sure to brighten up someone's day!


This was a simple Father's Day card.  
Simple-style cards can be made in mass production and that's what I like!


I believe I found this wired ribbon at the Dollar Store.  Sweet deal and looks so good in these cards.



Something I don't have enough of is "manly" cards.  For some reason these cards are the hardest to make.  I'm just a flowers kind of girl!


This was a fun card to make.  It took some time for me to get the look I wanted.  Good thing I practiced on scrap paper first!  Two-stamp technique can be challenging.


I love to fussy cut and this card required just that.  The best part was stamping, then the more tedious part of cutting.  I then used chalk and lightly colored the the flowers, frog and basket and pots.  I like the results. This idea came from one of my many Stampin' Up catalogs.


I wasn't sure about the colors of this card, but I have to say I like the results.  
What a fun card!


Thought I'd show one of the flowers I made with DCWV glitter cardstock.  Even though it was harder to manipulate cardstock, with some work, it finally came out the way I wanted it.

Here's a flower I made using prepackaged satin ribbon (used for trimming [baby] blankets).   I folded it in half then hand stitched along one side so it could be gathered in the center, then continued stitching where the two ends come together.  The center flower is made with bias tape.  They make the cutest, delicate looking flowers!  Love them!  Then a gem was glued in the center of the flower.


Embossing adds such an elegant touch to cards.  Hate to admit it, but sometimes I forget to get out those embossing folders and add some wonderful texture to my cards.  I stamped two of the flowers, then glued them together and folded the petals to give them texture.


Decided to get out my punches for this card.  
Like embossing, these elegant punch designs really "pop" a card with elegance.

This card was made some time ago for a wedding.  Such a fast and simple care to assemble.  
Gotta love those kinds of cards!


Thanks for taking the time to view my cards.
Have a wonderful day!
Polly  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment