Friday, April 20, 2012

Crazy for CARDS!!

Hi there!
Hope you're enjoying your Friday!  

I've been working on a few cards and hope you like them.  
Pink and brown are not colors I generally put together but they do match well.  
I love it when cards come together quickly, instead of days trying to figure out a layout and still have it look good!  Cards that are on my desk for too long most usually don't come together the way I want and end up being a card I won't use. 
These cards make their way to the back of my card stash!

 Supplies used for "Sympathy" card:
Paper: DCWV, White cardstock: ColorBok, white thread, Stamp (unknown), Nestabilities Labels Die, Stamp, Ink: Vivid! Raspberry, pink ribbon, Big Shot.


I'm always in need of Birthday cards!  Tried something different by putting "other shapes" on my cards.  It took me awhile to pick what I thought would look good.  

I overlapped two hearts to give some dimension.  I sanded the edges of the flower and bent the petals up slightly.  I hand cut the center of the flower, sanded and inked the edges.
I lightly inked all the edges of the card.

Supplies used for "Birthday" card: 
Paper: DCWV, White cardstock: ColorBok, decorative ribbon, hand cut heart and flower, 
Ink: Ink It Up! Violet, sanding block, Stamp: Stampin' Up! Hugs & Wishes.


I worked on this paper doily for awhile, trying to figure out how I wanted it on this card.  In the end I cut it in half and inked it.  I hand cut the flower, layered two of them and inked the edges.

Supplies used for "for you" card: 
Paper: DCWV, White cardstock, Nestabilities Labels Die, hand cut flower, ribbon, lace paper doily, 
Sentiment: Fiskars Clear Stamps, Ink: Ink It Up! Violet, white thread, sanding block, Big Shot. 


I love red and really like how this card came together.  The ribbon was a great find at a 
discount store for $.50 per spool and looks so elegant!  I may have to pick up more of these!

Supplies used for "happy birthday" card:
Paper: DCWV, White cardstock: ColorBok, colored pencils, ribbon, Ink: Color Box Creamy Brown and A la mode Red, Stampin' Up Happy Everything and A Flower for All Seasons.

Have a wonderful weekend and thanks for checking out my Blog!
Polly  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment