Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Recycling Magazines

Hello Everyone!
Hope you're all having a great day!  Every day should be a day to celebrate!

My layout for today.
I used DCWV paper along with white cardstock from ColorBok.  
Most of my creations use DCWV.  I really love that paper brand.... and there are sooooo many to choose from!  It's so difficult for me to only pick out a few, when I want every one of them!
Occasionally I'll try another brand of paper, but I always come back to DCWV.


This is a pretty simple layout, but I really love how these flowers look!  I recycled old magazines and traced flowers, many of them, which I then hand cut.  A brad was attached in the center, holding several layers together, and then the scrunching began.  I always scrunch the layer in the middle right up around the brad (because I don't always want the brad to show).  And it does look more like the center of a "real" flower. Then I just keep scrunching each layer until I get to the bottom layer, which isn't scrunched as much.  Once I got the flower the way I liked it, I added Diamond Stickles to the edges of each flower.


I was trying to get a close up of the flowers so you could see the Stickles.  I think the second photo captures it best.
I hand cut the leaves, sanded the edges and folded them together to give them some dimension.  Twine was added under the flower to add something fun.


Have a wonderful day and thanks for checking out my Blog!
Polly  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment