Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Are We Having Fun Yet?

Hello, there!
Are YOU having fun yet?
Hope these last couple of days have been great for you!

No, I have not been having fun, as I've been a bit on the stressed side.  
Trust me, too much stress is NOT good for the soul!!!
But, things are getting brighter, therefore, I am doing better.... and I am so thankful!!

Anyways, here's my layout for today (even though it's kinda late in the day).
 Supplies used:
Paper: DCWV, White textured cardstock: Colorbok, watercolor pencils,
recycling magazines into hand cut flowers, Prima flowers, gold ribbon,
gems, plastic and glass beads, Diamond Stickles


Close up of my magazine flower.  I traced and hand cut the flowers, layering several layers.  The center layers were scrunched tightly together to look more like a flower.  Then the remaining layers were scrunched less.  I used Diamond Stickles along the edges of the flower.  A bow was made with gold ribbon and placed under the flower.  For the centers of the two Prima flowers I used a gem and a glass bead.  


There are two journaling blocks on this 2-page layout.  I used watercolor pencils for the lines, then put a strip of gold ribbon along the top.  
Then added a trio of Prima flowers, using plastic and glass beads and a gem for the centers.

 The other recycled flower.  I tried to get an angle where you can actually see the top of 
and the side of the flower.


Hope you all had a wonderful day today!
And, in case I don't get a change to post tomorrow, have a wonderful Wednesday!
Polly  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment