Saturday, May 12, 2012

Something Fun!

Hi there!
Happy Saturday to you!

Soooooo glad to be back home!!  For my hubby and I, there is absolutely no place like HOME!!
It's been a long, exhausting six days.  I am happy that we can both rejuvenate now.

And to make it all better, the sun is shining, making it warmer out.  Gotta love that!

This is my layout for today.
Supplies used:
Paper: DCWV, watercolor pencils, EK Success corner rounder,
Cuttlebug embossing folder, Sizzix Flower Power #2, Sizzix Hawaiian Flower #1,
Sizzix, Big Shot, Nestabilities Labels Die, needle, thread, seam binding, glitter brads, chalk, ruler


I embossed this section and used chalk to give it some color.  I threaded the needle through one side of the seam binding and gathered it before attaching it to the layout.  The seam binding is thin, so it makes a great border ruffle and cute rosettes too!


 Rather than use this block for a photo, I embossed it, chalked it and added some cute little paper flowers randomly with glitter brads for the centers.  I curled the petals by hand, the folded the little leaves in half so they would stand out more.

This label could be used for anything..... a photo, a layout title, more journaling could be added to it, or leave it as it is.  I decided to add another ruffle along this edge. 

I rounded the corners of this journaling block, made the lines by eyeballing with a ruler and watercolor pencils.  I added various circles on one corner for "anyone's" interest.  :)

Here's a close up of my trio of flowers.  
I really love the glitter brads (another great find at the Dollar Store)!!

Hope you all had a wonderful Saturday!
Polly  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment