Monday, May 28, 2012

Father's Day Cards

Hi there,

Happy Memorial Day Weekend!
Remembering our Military on this day.... and every day.  
I can never forget this day, as all of my family is currently serving in the Military.  
Love them and are so very proud of them!

Hope you're having a nice, relaxing weekend doing what you love!
We're having a very quiet day today (empty nesters).  And, we're both getting used to that.
We had burgers on the grill, did a little gardening and my hubby worked on his pickup and 
we rounded off the day with naps!  Yes!!

I even made a few cards, which I'm not posting yet.  I will post them on another day.
So.... for today, I have several Father's Day cards to share with you, since that holiday is 
creeping up on us quickly.

Hey!  Speaking of "quickly" I think everything is going too fast these days.  Don't you think so?  
What's up with that anyways?  
It used to be that time would crawl, and now it's spinning by us so fast, we'd better hold on tight or else it will all pass us by way too quickly!!  Thus the reason for taking so many pictures!  How else
would we ever remember the events of our lives?  I don't know about you, but I forget things.... even the really important things that you want to remember.  It's just so important to "freeze" these memories.

These tools stamps were so fun to work with!  I was pleased with how well these cards turned out.

Supplies used:
Paper: DCWV, Other, White cardstock, Tool stamps: Stampin' Up! Totally Tool,
Ink: A la mode Black and A la mode Brown, ribbon, 
Sentiment (unknown)


Man stamps...... makes it so much easier to come up with a card!

Supplies used:
Paper: DCWV, White cardstock, Sentiment (unknown),
Ink: A la mode Black, Studio g Blue,
Tool stamps: Stampin' Up! Totally Tool,
Ribbon, corner rounder


More wonderful Stampin' Up! stamps!  Can't get enough of them!
I used the lighter ink for the trees.  The star was cut from textured paper, which made a
great effect with the inking. 

Supplies used:
Paper: DCWV, White cardstock,
Trees stamp: Stampin' Up! Lovely as a Tree,
Sentiment (unknown),
Ink: A la mode Brown and Studio g Blue,
Ribbon, Star: Cut from stencil


Love the blues and browns on these papers.

Supplies used:
Paper: DCWV, Other, White cardstock,
Sentiment (unknown)
Ink: Studio g Blue
Ribbons

And there you have it.... my cards for Father's Day.
Hope you like them!

Have a great day and thanks for taking a peek at my Blog!
Polly  :)



No comments:

Post a Comment