Friday, May 4, 2012

Nothing Like Being Outside All Day!!

Hello there!
IT'S FRIDAY!!!  YAY!!!

I've been outside all day weeding my flower gardens.  
No, what I should say is removing the hay field in there!  
It's so difficult to remove sod!!!  Ugh!!  But, I kept at it, and got my garden half done.  Yup, only half done!  That's some major weeding!!  The tips of my fingers are so sore from pulling and tugging!  When it got really bad, I had to get out the shovel!  Who does that anyways???
Then I put mulch on the areas I got done, so I can hopefully get a handle on the WEEDS!

Weeds cause me such distress!  I've banged my fingers on rocks, the tips of my fingers are sore, my back has been screaming at me to stop for hours and my legs are sore.  All for weeds!  
I'm not whining, just stating the facts!!   :)

On the plus side, my gardens look super good from all the attention!!  
And that's what I was shooting for!

And all that fresh air too... gotta love it!  It does a body good!  

OK, here's my layout for today.  Hope you like it.
 Supplies used: 
Paper: DCWV, White textured cardstock: ColorBok,
Eyelets, DMC cotton perle, string pearls, Martha Stewart border punch,
Ribbon, gem brad, watercolor pencils


Something different for this layout.  
I attached eyelets on a strip of paper and threaded ribbon through the holes.

I used the border punch for several different layers of paper.  
I hot glued two rows of string pearls along the edge of the layout.



This tag was fun.  I used a watercolor pencil for the lines on the journaling tag.  I just use a ruler and eyeball the spaces between the lines.  Sometimes I actually get the lines straight!  
I attached two lines of string pearls as the tab with a gem brad in the center as well.  A small piece of ribbon was folded in half and attached on one side of the tag, for something different and added a strip of cardstock that was punched with my border punch.
  


Hope you all had a great day today!

And enjoy tomorrow.... because it's National Scrapbooking Day!!  What are you doing?
I'm headed to a scrapbook convention in our area.  The only thing I want........ MONEY, so I can buy everything I want (which is just about everything)!!  Only once a year....... and so much FUN!

Polly  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment