Thursday, May 3, 2012

Hey! Check This Out!

Hello!
Hope you're having a fantastic day!  The sun is shining here and that's a good thing!

We got a great surprise in the mail yesterday.  
Our son sent us a package with all sorts of goodies from Germany!
What fun we had digging through that box!
Two of the gifts were for my Birthday (love them).  We got a really neat painting, German chocolate 
and a Navy poster, among other random items.

Ahhhhh, the joys of receiving surprise packages!!!  :)

But first, here is my pink and red floral layout.
Enjoy!
Supplies used:
Paper: DCWV, White textured cardstock: ColorBok,
Satin pink fabric, paper ribbon, white cording, hand made pink satin rosettes,
hand made white felt flower, watercolor pencils, simulated pearl, 
needle and thread, hand cut leaves.


 Here are a couple close ups of my pink satin flower.  I cut a strip of satin material and with a needle and thread, gathered the material along one side to form the flower.  I debated on whether to trim the edges of the material and finally figured it looked best with the natural fraying.  

Pink ribbon was folded along each corner and glued on the back of two of the photo blocks.

The pink ribbon rosette was hand made by folding and twisting ribbon into a circle, round and round, until you get the size you want.  Between the two layered flowers, I made a bow with cording. 


Below are the other two flowers I made.  One is a rosette with satin ribbon.  
The other is made using a strip of felt and going around into a circle onto a small piece of cardstock (hidden underneath the flower) to give the felt something to stand up on.  A simulated pearl was glued in the center.

The leaves were hand cut and folded in half and pinched on the ends to better resemble a leaf.


I just had to post my Birthday gifts!!
I absolutely love these masks!!!
They're GORGEOUS!!
I have all sorts of masks in various sizes hanging throughout my house.
The common reaction from visitors is, "You like masks, huh?"  Yes I do!  
My favorites are the one my hubby got in New Orleans, the one my dear sister got me for Christmas and now these!  
And I found a place to hang them too!  
Once I get the Germany painting framed, these masks will get placed near that.

The picture doesn't do this mask justice.  It's SO BEAUTIFUL!!

And, of course, German chocolate!  Naturally, I can't eat it, but it wasn't for me anyways.... 
it's for my hubby, who loves chocolate!!  Hee hee!  xoxoxox


Our daughter was in Hawaii recently and we received more wonderful gifts!!
It's been like Christmas these past couple of weeks!  Love it!
 This is the t-shirt for my hubby.

And this is the leather clutch and bangle bracelet for me!  Aren't these just the cutest!!

Have a wonderful day!
Polly  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment