Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Our Family of Swallows

Hi there,
Thought I'd throw a curve ball out there and add a few different kinds of photos.

This is our family of swallows.  
They always let me get close enough to get a few pictures before they fly off.  They're so cute!  I think I need to add a few more bird houses around to get more families.
They swoop and dive getting all those bugs and flies.  Gotta love that!
And when the little babies are learning to fly it's really cute!

Isn't she/he pretty? 

Here's one of my flower beds, finished!
Beyond the flowers (upper right) is my herb garden.  There are a few herbs growing from last year.
I'm going to be adding quite a few more herbs this year.  Can't wait!
So yummy in foods.  And yes, I can tell the difference!  Fresh herbs are so tasty and flavorful!

To the left is my strawberry patch.  It looks kind of sparse right now, but there really are a lot of
plants in there that produce a great amount of strawberries.
In the fall I will replant all the "shoots" in the middle of the patch to fill it up again.  
And I may buy a few more plants to add to it too.

Here's my card for today.
Hope you like it.
I never seem to have enough Birthday cards!  And here's another one to add to my stash.

Supplies used:
Paper: DCWV, White cardstock,
Flowers and butterfly cut from DCWV pattern paper, Paper piercer,
Gems, Purple satin ribbon, Sanding and Distressing,
Nestabilities Labels Die, Big Shot,
Sentiment: Inkadinkadoo, Ink: A la mode Purple

I used my Big Shot to get the window in the center of the card.  I added pattern paper inside the card and stamped the sentiment within the window.  The flowers are hand cut from the pattern paper, folded, manipulated and inked along the edges with a gem added in the centers of each.
I used the paper piercer to trace a pattern the butterfly may have went (hee hee).
The bow is purple satin ribbon wrapped around two or three times then held together with a small piece of ribbon wrapped around the center and glued in place.

Have a wonderful day!
Polly  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment