Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Searching Blog Templates......

Hey!
Did you know it's very exhausting trying to find a new template for a Blog?  
I've scoured only "a few" websites trying to find something I liked.
You'd think out of the millions of choices I would find something!  I'm going to keep looking 
and trying out new templates.  Eventually I'll find something I really like!  

If there's a site you like or have used and would like to share, that would be great! 

The layout for today.  
It looks kind of Victorian or Shabby with the large florals and the stripes. 
A great layout for using many photos.
Supplies used:
Paper: DCWV, Silver metal corners, Ribbon, Sanding block,
Star stencils, Netting, Hot Off the Press Mini Envelopes template 


I don't use these little envelope templates often enough.  They're so cute!

I assembled the envelope and sanded the edges.  I used a strip of netting and ribbon to tie the knot.
I traced and hand cut the stars, sanding the edges and placing them randomly to look as if the 
stars were "bursting" from the envelope! 

 I left the ribbons from the bow longer and glued them in place.  
Looking at it now, I realized that it will be difficult to attach a photo onto this block, but it could work out
well for a title or journaling.  And if you're desperate to attach that "one more photo," then it could be placed directly over the ribbon!


A close up of the metal corners.  Found them while sifting through my stash.
A photo could be place in the center, for a title or for journaling.

Have a wonderful day!
Polly  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment