Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Best Friends - Let's Scrap Sketch

Good Morning!

I've been working on another sketch from Let's Scrap.  Here's the link to their

Here's their sketch:

INSM12#1, 5-7-12

Below is the direct link to this sketch:


And here's my take on the sketch (5-7-12):

I was so excited about this layout coming together so quickly!  And the fact that I really
liked how it turned out is even better!  :)

Meet Max and Zoe.  Max is our daughter's dog, who has an extreme amount of energy!
He doesn't miss a sound or an area to sniff through!  He's the funniest dog too!

Max and Zoe are best friends.  They literally play for hours outside and inside!
Talk about entertainment!  There is no shortage of laughing with these two!  
And boy do they sleep well at night! 

Trying to get a picture of Max is challenging because he never stays still
long enough.  He's just way too busy for that.
But in the photo on the bottom right, while they stopped for a "breather" Max
heard another dog barking nearby..... and that got his attention.... and made him
sit still long enough for me to snap this photo.

Supplies used:
Paper: DCWV, Other
Ribbons, Flowers
EK Success Border Punch
Stickles
Recycled "Flower Parts"
Cricut
Font: Cricut "Stamped"


A close up of the various ribbons and the flowers.


These flowers were so cute!  I bought bouquets of flowers at a Dollar Store and as always, 
I tear them apart when I get home.  There are all kinds of "different" pieces to each flower.  
Did you know that there are little, clear plastic "flowers" in between the layers of the whole flower?
I decided to keep them and possibly recycle them.  I didn't use them on this layout, but
I have them for just in case I want to use something different.


These were fun!  I simply twisted up the ribbon tightly and then let go of it and
let it unwind naturally and glued it in place.


Here's a "miscellaneous" piece.  That green, plastic flower shape is found on
the bottom of the whole flower, which I guess, the flower "sits" on and the stem is 
connected underneath.  I knew I wanted to use it because it was so cool!
So, I covered it with Stickles, let it dry and attached the knotted ribbon.
Not bad!  I like the results!  Glad I kept those random pieces.

Have a wonderful day!
Polly  :)

2 comments:

  1. Polly, that funky flower part with which you are playing is called a sepal! Love what you have done with it! Also love all the fun the flowers add to this super pooch page! So glad you found Let's Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew there must have been a name for that "piece!" :)
      Thanks!
      Having so much fun at Let's Scrap!

      Delete