Thursday, July 12, 2012

Truly Blessed - Soul Scrappers Word Challenge WD12

Hi there,

I've been working on a Challenge this afternoon.
I came across this photo and knew this was what I HAD to scrapbook!

I chose the sketch from Creating Keepsakes (Nov 2008 Sketches).
Here's the link to their site:  http://www.creatingkeepsakes.com/index.html

Soul Scrappers is having a Word Challenge (WD12).  The deadline is July 26th.
Create a scrapbook page using the word, "Blessed."  Any sketch can be used.
Sounds like fun, right?    Hop on over to their site and check it out.
The link to their site is:  http://soul-scrappers.ning.com/


 Our family gathered together for Andrew's graduation.  It isn't often that we all
get a photo together, let alone with Scott's mother!  That's why this is so special!

In the photo: Scott and I, our two kids, Lynn and Andrew, our grandson, Dylan
and Scott's mother, Prudence.

Once I found the sketch that I liked, next came the colors of paper to use.
All the photos came out with a yellowish, orange tint to them due to the lights
in our gymnasium.  
My personal challenge was to use colors to "tone down" this color.  I'm not
sure if I accomplished that, but I still like how this layout turned out.

Supplies used:
Paper: DCWV
Black Textured Paper: Canson Papercraft
Silver Wire Ribbon
Silver Sheer Ribbon
Misc. Flowers & Leaves
Gems
Yellow Seam Binding Rosette: Hand Made
Orange Felt Flower: Hand Made
Prima Flower
Cheesecloth
Font: Cricut "Stamped"
Ink: A la mode Black & Green
Sharpie Marker


A close up of the grouping of flowers.
I used cheesecloth and silver ribbon under and within the flowers.  I scrunched up the
cheesecloth and rubbed it on black ink and then on green ink, so it wouldn't look so "white."

I used a variety of flowers.  Most are from bouquets that I tore apart so I could create "my own"
flowers.  A Prima flower, leaves and hand made flowers were also used. 


The orange flower is hand made using felt.  I made a batch of these with scraps
of felt that I had and really didn't think I would ever use some of them because some 
were pretty funky colors!
You just never know...... I pulled it out of my stash and ta-dah... it works for me! 


The rosette was hand made using yellow seam binding ribbon.  These are
really fun to make and super easy too!
I used gems for the centers of the single flowers.  I really needed to add some "bling!"  :)

Have a wonderful day!
Thanks for taking a peek at my Blog!
Polly  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment