Monday, July 23, 2012

Let's Scrap Challenge140

Good morning!
I hope you're all having a wonderful Monday.

After being gone for a week, surrounded by hundreds of Boy Scouts at Scout Camp, I am
so ready for some crafting!

Let's Scrap is having a challenge and I couldn't wait to enter!  Here's the link to their site: http://letsscrap.ning.com/
  
Here are the rules for their challenge:
1.  Use a newspaper clipping on your layout
2.  You must use a Let's Scrap sketch
3.  Must be a layout, no cards
4.  This challenge cannot be combined with the weekly main page sketch
5. The layout must be something you scrapped new for this challenge

The deadline is July 26, 2012.  If you like challenges, hop on over to their site
and check it out.

This is the sketch I chose.

6-1-11
Here's the direct link to the sketch from their site:


And this my layout based on the above sketch.
I knew I had to participate in this challenge as soon as I read that you had to use a
newspaper clipping!  It wasn't hard for me to locate an article because I keep every
article pertaining to our Boy Scout Troop.

Each year the boys are excited to plan our one-day Troop fishing trip. 
We have always gone on New Year's Day, except when the ice isn't thick enough, then we
have to wait to go during school vacation.

The boys have so much fun setting up their ice fishing traps.  Then we wait..... and when 
that orange flag pops up, everyone runs to see what was caught!

We roast hotdogs over the fire, have a variety of  fruits available and you just gotta have 
hot chocolate on a cold winter's day.

If the fish biting is slow, then we play "Fox and Geese" out on the ice.  Some boys climb
the trees and wait for me to take a picture of them!  Being boys, they can always find
something to do while waiting for those flags to pop up!

Supplies used:
Paper: DCWV, White Cardstock
Stars: Traced with templates and hand cut
Rub On: Provo Craft - Boy Toys Sentiments
"Fishin" Sticker: Paper House Productions
White & Silver Mesh Ribbon
Sanding Block
Ink: Studio g Black
Green Raffia
EK Success Corner Rounder


This mesh ribbon was included in a huge pile of ribbons I purchased at a garage sale!
I didn't think I would ever use it, but it fits well with this layout.  I thought the silver spots on
the ribbon looked kind of like snow.


The sticker was placed on cardstock and the ends were cut to resemble ribbon.  I also used a
piece of mesh ribbon to place under this.  Several pieces of raffia was glued together and used
under it all. 


The greed stars were sanded along the edges.  I also curled the tips of the stars up to give some definition.
I thought this rub on fit well with the layout, since we always have to much fun ice fishing! 


Something was needed in this empty block, so I knotted a couple pieces of raffia 
together and placed it under the newspaper article.

Have a wonderful day!
Polly  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment