Tuesday, July 3, 2012

My FIRST Challenge Entered

Hi there,
I hope you're having a wonderful day today.
The sun is shining in our neck of the woods and that's enough to lift your mood 
and put a smile on anyone's face.

This is my first challenge ever entered.  I found this sketch on Let's Scrap and here's the link
to their site:  http://letsscrap.ning.com/
Hop on over to their site and check out all their challenges.  They have a great gallery too!

2-1-09
This is the direct link to the sketch I used (Challenge 138):

This was a 3-point Challenge.  The requirements were:
1.  Black cardstock as the background
2.  Use chipboard, decorate or use as is
3.  Do some fussy cutting


 First, I rotated the sketch completely around.  I liked this look better.

I don't believe I've ever used black as a background.  This thick, glittery cardstock from
DCWV was perfect!
The title letters are chipboard.  I traced the letters onto the striped cardstock, then hand cut
around each letter.  Because I didn't like the "rough" look, I sanded them too.
The flowers were hand cut, layering a couple, scrunching them a bit and adding a gem in
the centers to complete the flowers.  The edges of the petals were sanded.
The swirls were traced and hand cut.  I was unsure how or where to place the swirls, and
decided just under the title worked well.

Supplies used:
Paper: DCWV
Black Sharpie Marker (for journaling)
Stampin' Up! Border Punch
Chipboard: Craft Stickers
Hand cut flowers, scrunched and edges sanded
Swirls: Traced and hand cut
Gems


Not much journaling on my layout, and since I always have something to say, I'll explain it better.
The four of us went to Bangor (a little over 2 hours away).  We wanted to be together as much as possible before my hubby was deployed.  He would be gone for ten months, so this
time together was special.  Of course I had my camera and had to snap this casual photo
of Lynn and Andrew.  We had a great time, yummy food and lots of laughs!

Here's a close up of my layout title.  The letters actually look pretty good!  
And I just love those swirls!

I think the layout turned out pretty good.  I've been scrapbooking for a long time, but to 
actually enter a challenge was a bit stressful!  
I guess it was the "stress" of my FIRST layout to add to a site for many people
to see!  Yup, when I think about it that way, it kinda freaks me out.  
Phew, thank goodness I'm over that!  :)

Thanks for taking a peek at my Blog!

Have a wonderful day!
Polly  :)

1 comment:

  1. This may have been your first challenge, Polly, but your are by no means a novice scrapper! This layout shows your great talent. Love it!

    ReplyDelete