I hope you're all having a fantastic week.
Soul Scrappers http://soul-scrappers.ning.com/ is having a "Sport" Challenge and I knew
exactly what I was going to use for photos.
I have LOTS of photos of Andrew playing soccer and the hardest part was choosing only
these for my layout!
Any sketch can be used but the layout must be something to do with Sports.
The challenge ends July 30, 2012.
I chose a sketch from Let's Scrap (1-13-10).
Here's the direct link to their sketch gallery.
This is my take on the sketch.
Taking pictures of every single soccer game, I have so many photos! I have a
soccer scrap book for each year Andrew played.
Paper: DCWV, Black & White Cardstock: Colorbok
Title and Subtitle Font: Cricut Alphalicious
EK Success Border Punch
Sharpie Marker (for journaling)
Arrow: Plaid Stencils
Hinge & Brads
Black Shoe Laces
Rawlings Tag from purchase of cleats
Soccer Sticker: Paper House Productions
Love this photo!
I'm not always sitting close enough to get an action shot (or if I do, they come out blurry), so I was
pleasantly surprised to actually get a "good shot!"
I needed space for journaling so I attached a hinge with brads to the main photo. The hinge and brads were different colors (shiny silver and antique silver), so I painted them black. I just dabbed my finger in the paint and "finger" painted the hinge and brads. It worked..... now they match!
Just had to add No. 13, as this was Andrew's number throughout high school.
And to clarify which one was Andrew, I decided to add the arrow pointing to him.
This is my journaling. I added an actual shoe lace to the inside of the card. Thought this
would add to the theme of my layout.
A couple close up shots of my subtitle and the border punch.
This is the first time I used this punch and I love it!
There was no hyphen in the Alphalicious Font, so I used an "i" and cut the ends off.
The dots between the words are from the "!" I had to be a little creative because
these were not in this particular Cricut cartridge.
I sanded the edges of the border punch, which crinkled and bent them, distressing
as much as I wanted. The idea was to lift some of them up so there would
be a bit of dimension on the layout.
The "o" in Soccer was cut out, and then I found this super cool sticker. Instead of actually
"sticking" it, I just cut around it, adhered it over the letter and used a pop square under it.
I knew I didn't just want to use the sticker, so I layered the ball over the letter "o" with just
one side showing.
The tag was attached to the pair of cleats that I purchased for Andrew.
It was larger and folded in half and heavy cardstock. I simply cut out only the portion I wanted to
use on my layout and used pop squares underneath to add dimension.
I started this post before our Boy Scout Meeting, thinking I could finish it before then. Well, that didn't happen, so three hours later here it is!
Hope your day was wonderful!