Saturday, July 28, 2012

Wearing Their Uniforms PROUDLY!

Hi there!

My layout for today uses a Let's Scrap Sketch from their site.  Here's the link:

This sketch was fun to work with.  I don't normally overlap photos on my layouts.  I guess
it must be because I want the whole photo to be seen.
But, when photos have this extra "space" to work with and can be overlapped, 
this layout is a great one to use!


INSM12#6, 5-5-12 Scrap Yourself Scrapping!
Here's the direct link to this sketch:


This was a special year for parades.  All of my family is marching in the parades, all in
uniform.  This year is even more special because just the year before, my hubby was deployed with the Navy in Iraq and not home, the following year our daughter entered the Air Guard and was completing her basic training and AT schooling.  Last year our grandson decided he didn't want to be in Cub Scouts anymore.  (I'm patiently waiting for him to decide to join Boy Scouts, so we can have some fun together).  And, the end
of last year, our son joined the Air Force (active duty).
2010 was the last year they were all able to march together.

In this photo, Lynn (along with her friend who is in the Army) has recently returned from AT school and wanted to march in the Memorial Day Parades with her dad.  Scott has marched in the Parades for
years and she was so excited to march with him.  Cub Scouts always march in this parade and 
since Dylan was a Cub Scout, he marched also....... with one stipulation, he wanted to march
with his mom.  Andrew was marching in the high school band and he and his friend 
were asked to play the TAPS.

Since Boy Scouts only march in the July 4th Parades, I was able to follow them to all the
parades and take a bazillion photos!  It was so fun!  I only wished I could be a part of wearing
a uniform!  I felt a bit left out!  But, all is good!  :)

I am also patiently (well, not really) waiting for my family to once again come together to march in the Memorial Day Parades!

Supplies used:
Paper: DCWV, White Cardstock
Swirly Doodles: Hot Off the Press Template
Flowers
Brads: Stampin' Up!
Recycled "Flower Parts"
Sharpie Marker (for journaling)
Font: Cricut Stamped
Cricut

Sorry for the overload of photos from this one layout.  I was trying to get a good shot
of the flower parts I used.  If you look closely, you can see the different parts I used.
The flowers.  I recycled the centers of flowers that I tore apart.  The clear plastic
parts that are found between the layered flowers, look like a flower in itself, so this 
also got layered for my own style of flowers.


My journaling using a Sharpie marker.


Another flower grouping.


I decided to place this portion of the title over the swirl.  I traced it with the
template and then it was hand cut.



In this photo you can see the plastic "flower" I used on the lower left flower.  I finished
it off with a really cool brad.  For the flower in the upper right I used the yellow part for the center
of this flower.  I trimmed the bottom to flatten it a bit more before adding it to the center.




In these two photos you can really see the plastic "flowers" I used.  I turned one 
upside down so it didn't stick up as much and the other I left alone and it really turned
up a lot after adding the brad.

Have a wonderful day!
Thanks for taking a peek at my Blog!
Polly  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment