Tuesday, August 14, 2012

See!

Good morning!
I am so thrilled to have yesterday behind me!  It was another one of my "BAD DAYS!"
Everything that could go wrong did.  Why do we have days like this anyway?  What is
the purpose of going through days like this?  Ugh!  They stress me out so bad.
I really believe we should only have ONE bad day per YEAR!  Wouldn't that be nice?
I probably should try to embrace these bad days, but Wow, it certainly is hard!

Although so many things went wrong, there were also SOME good things that happened, like
our son calling, our grandson visited for a bit and I was able to pick three bags of
my green and yellow beans.... in which I will be working on canning today.

In the end, the good certainly didn't balance out the bad and I'm just glad today is a
new day!!  :)

Ok, on to much better things, like my post for today!  
Soul Scrappers http://soul-scrappers.ning.com/ is having a sketch challenge called the "Negative Space Sketch Challenge" (NSC13) and I thought I'd play along.

Here's the sketch:



And here's what I created:

Such a fun photo!  Dylan just couldn't wait to show me his missing teeth and new ones popping
through.  It was so funny how he pulled his lip way down there to make sure I
could see them!

I rarely work with lots of negative space, so this was interesting for me.  I always feel like
I need to "fill" it all in.  But I do like how it turned out.  

Supplies used:
Paper: DCWV, Other
Twill Ladybugs (unknown brand)
Ribbons
Ric Rac
Stampin' Up! Border Punch
Sanding Block
Font: Cricut Stamped
Cricut
Sharpie Marker (for journaling) 


The ladybug is cut from a strip of twill with various colored ladybugs along it.
Thought it would be cute to just cut a few of them for this layout.  I shredded the 
edges with my fingers. 


My journaling block.  I've also attached another ladybug in this block too. 


A close up of all the layering going on and the border punch used. 


This little cluster was fun, although it took me forever to figure out exactly where I
wanted the ribbons and paper to go.  I'm just a nit-picky person!  
I also love how the apple from the patterned paper ended up in such a perfect spot.
I didn't plan it this way, so it's very cool indeed!  :)

Have a wonderful day!
Polly  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment