Saturday, August 11, 2012

Soul Scrappers Word Challenge

Hi there!
Hope your Saturday is splendid!

I've been "catching up" on some scrapbooking layouts with challenges that I really wanted
to enter.  So, yesterday and today, being rainy days, were the perfect days for hiding in
my craft room!

This challenge was hosted by Soul Scrappers  http://soul-scrappers.ning.com/
All I had to do was create a layout using the word "Believe."
That's it.... easy peasy, right?

The sketch I chose is from Splitcoast Stampers Sketch Gallery #143

Here's the layout I created:

Lynn was casually sitting at our dining room table, looking through the local
Newspaper when I grabbed my camera and asked her to smile.  Another one of
my favorite photos! 

Supplies used:
Paper: Momenta, Autumn Leaves
Flourish Stamp: Autumn Leaves
Ink: ColorBox Blue Lagoon
Lace
Ribbon
Gems: Forever in Time
Font: Cricut Stamped
Cricut
Sharpie Marker (for journaling)


I purchased a "grab bag" at one of our local stores in the fabric department and discovered
this beautiful lace!  I've been "saving" it for just the right layout.... and, well, this is the layout for it!


The other portion of the lace. 


The letters were created using my Cricut and the journaling words are my own.
So fitting for our daughter!  She joined the military several years ago and loves it!  
She also graduated with, not one, but two Bachelor's degrees at a local College.
She's definitely doing what she set her mind to!  :) 


 A close up of the gems I used.

Have a wonderful day!
Polly  :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment