Saturday, August 18, 2012

Soul Scrappers "Name" Challenge

Hello there,
I hope you have great plans for this weekend.  It's great weather here..... and no rain.  Yay!

I've picked just about all I can from my garden, for now anyways.  I've picked tons of beans
and peas and spinach.  It's sad how a HUGE pot of spinach boils down to only a small bowl!

Anyone have a yummy recipe for Zucchini Bread or Zucchini Cookies?  WITHOUT CHOCOLATE!
Why are all these recipes with chocolate?  I have an allergy to chocolate.  Yeah, I know, bummer!  :(

We're doing some demolition work on our porch this weekend.  Getting it ready for 
a new and improved addition to our house.  Can't wait!

And now for some fun!  Soul Scrappers http://soul-scrappers.ning.com/ is having another great challenge.  
The deadline for submissions is August 27, 2012.
Create a layout that revolves around a "NAME."  Sounds easy enough, right?
Except for the fact that I really didn't want to use the explanation and/or meaning of a name on my 
layout.  After much procrastination, I decided to just go with it.  And we had to use
old paper from our stash that we haven't used for more than a year.

I chose a sketch from Splitcoast Stampers (#121)  http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/

Here's my layout:

I absolutely love this photo of Dylan playing and having a great time, then looks over
at me to see if I was watching!  So cute!

Supplies used:
Paper: DCWV, White Cardstock
Ribbons
Font & Stars: Cricut George & Basic Shapes Cartridge
Cricut
Ink: A la mode Red
Computer Font: Agent 'C'
Pop Dots
Sketch: Splitcoast stampers #121
Photo dated: March 9, 2008 - 7 years old


The meaning of Dylan's name.  Some of it actually pertains to him, others not so much.
But I copied it, printed it out on cardstock and used it.  I crumpled up the cardstock and
inked the edges to give it more of an "old and worn" piece of paper. 


The star was cut using my Cricut.  I crumpled up the star and made folds towards the
center of the star to make it pop more.  The edges were also inked. 


This grouping of stars was also crumpled, inked and pop dots were used to raise
them from the layout. 


Another fun font from Cricut!  The letters are wider, thus taking up a bit more
room and worked well with this layout.

In the end, I was pleased with how it turned out.  Certainly a fun challenge!

Have a wonderful day!
Polly  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment