Thursday, September 27, 2012

Bath Time

Good morning!
The sun is shining, which means it's gonna be a great day!
I still have lots of "moving" to do... transferring boxes from one room to the upper
level of our garage!  So thankful that's a HUGE area!  It actually fits all my stuff in there
with LOTS of room to spare.  One happy girl!  :)

Today, I have a two-page layout to share with you.

Let's Scrap http://letsscrap.ning.com/ had a Sketch Challenge (9-12-12).
I loved this sketch!  It was so fun to work with.

Here's the sketch:

9-12-12


And here's my take on the sketch:

This is my sister's pet guinea pig.  It was bath time!  Something that's quite an ordeal for
Piggy!  All the excitement of so many people in the bathroom to see him getting
bathed took it's toll on him.  He kept trying to escape and was successful a couple
of times!
In the end, he got his bath and smelled so much better!  :)

Supplies used:
Paper: DCWV
Ribbons
Flowers
Beads/Letter Beads
Sanding Block
"LOVE" Brad
Computer Font: Pea Melissa
Border: Creative Memories Decorative Cardstock, traced and hand cut
Embroidery Floss: Making Memories
EK Success Circle Punch


Here's the left side of my layout. 



 These beads fit so nicely with the layout.  A little small, but that's ok... I think it
still looks cute!  I used embroidery floss to string through the beads.  I found the little heart on one of the beads and used it as the center between both words. 


A couple of my flowers.  I punched circles and sanded the edges.
Beads were added to one of the centers and a LOVE brad to the other. 




The border was traced and hand cut.  So cute!

Journaling reads:
Bath time for the Guinea pig was an amusing event!!  He kept trying to escape from this utter humiliation and "torture."  But... he needed to smell lots better... so in the water he went, then came the soap and finally the rinse.  He was quickly wrapped in a towel, looking so sharp... and clean!  Now to dry him off... out came the blow dryer and there he sat until he was all dried off!
Just look at the most beautiful pig in town!   July/Aug 2010


 a closer look at the other flower with the sanded center circle and beads.



I layered a couple of flowers before adding a bead for the center. 


Here's a better view of the right side of the layout.

Have a wonderful day!
Thanks for taking a peek at my Blog and I hope you enjoyed it!
Libby  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment